Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Learning the Alphabet

My youngest daughter is learning her abc's in pre-school.  Today the Letter was "A."  The teacher usually goes around and asks each child a word that begins with "A." 

My wife was driving my daughters and [my 20 month old son with along for the ride] she asked her, "What begins with A?" 

My Daughter responds, "Aippo-po-tomus."  In her mind she was right, but technically she is wrong.  She pronounces it with an A.  lol.  My wife told her she should probably come up with another word.  So, they came up with Ant.  She recited Ant all the way to school. 

When I got done with work tonight I asked her, "What word did you say for the letter A?"  She told me, "I didn't get a turn today." 

Then I ask her, "Okay, what begins with A then?"

Her response, "Aippo-po-tomus."  She said it with such conviction, I believe everyone would have believe it was a new type of animal.

No comments: